Friday, January 22, 2010

To Our Health

During the holiday season of 2009 we started thinking that something needed to change in our diets. We've been getting pretty comfortable being sedentary at home and enjoying a little more than the normal portions we should be having.  So we decided around Christmas to do something drastic!  We started juicing!
Thanks to Craigslist, we were able to purchase a gently used Omega Juicer - a super turbo juicing monster!  Here's Jay displaying our very first juice, made the morning after Christmas. 

You name the leafy green and we've tried juicing it - spinach, romaine, iceberg, cabbage, collard greens, bok choi, kale, beets/beet greens. We normally add some sweeteners, too - apples, pears, oranges, grapefruit, celery, carrots, cucumber. We even tried brussel sprouts, though not surprisingly that was a one time shot. 
We've been consuming 3 juices a day - in conjuction with smaller portions of healthier meals - for almost a whole month now.  I can say I feel better and as we up our exercise levels I think we'll see some big improvements. 

If you're ever curious about what our dark green (or red if there are beets involved!!) juice tastes like - and I'm pretty sure you'd be surprised by how good it actually tastes - come on over!  The juicer is always ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment