While Jay looked forward to a weekend of resting after a hectic work-week, I headed up to Newberg Saturday morning to babysit Karsyn. It is amazing how much she changes in between my visits! I've made Karsyn a few hats along the way and have grand plans to make a Newsboy-style crocheted hat for her. I brought my yarn along and got to work. Turns out my yarn was too big and needle too small, so it made for an awkwardly huge hat for her little head! I will be attempting this again with some different supplies and hopefully the outcome is much more appropriate! On Sunday we checked out a new brew pub in town and watched the US vs Canada hockey game. I'm not a huge hockey fan, and frankly I can hardly tell where the puck is most of the time, but the food was good and so was the company, so it was an enjoyable afternoon! And if you're ever not sure, I can tell you that buffalo wing sauce on french fries is a wonderful combination!
That night we "un-cooked" up some raw veggie patties and seed "bread". Here is the before picture - red pepper, onion, flax, sunflower seeds, celery. After hanging out in the dehydrator a few hours they were ready to eat, though there is no need to dry them if you like things really raw. The end product looked pretty much the exact same, so you can pretend that it's the after photo, too! Monday's lunch was a veggie patty, a little stoneground mustard, two pieces of seed "bread" and a leaf of romaine. Not too shabby!
Last night we made fruit leather out of frozen blueberries, pear, and apple. Yum-o!

I can hardly wait to come visit in a couple weeks and have lunch with you two. It sounds so interesting and I know it is soooogood for you (us). we are pretty brave sometimes with our fruit smoothies of banana, orange, blueberries, flax seed, protein powder, cows milk (sometimes soy milk) and an ice cube or two. We like it a lot. We probably need to branch out some what.
ReplyDeleteKeep those ideas coming...Larry/Dad