Last week we were lucky enough to have some nice weather here in the Valley so we went out to the forest a few times. Shep is in major shed mode and we usually brush him when we are out and about to spread some Shep-fur love. Here's Jay modeling just two handfuls of what we brushed out of Shep's coat - I really think that may be what those brows look like in 40 years! We sat on the bench at Chip Ross park for a few minutes and enjoyed the view of Corvallis.Jay is at the annual camp for his work this week and he was worried about missing out on his juice, so he decided to take the juicer with him, along with some other healthy snacks to help fill in the gaps at camp. Friday night we were super busy with preparations. Jay worked late to pack the van up and I ran to numerous stores to get the supplies we needed. About 7:30 pm I started with making seed bread for Jay to take with him to camp. I needed to get this done first so it could get in the dehydrator. I made one and a quarter batches to fill almost 3 trays. Then I whipped up a batch of veggie patties and got those in the dehydrator, too. Then I made 3 pecan pies - two for Jay to take with and one for me to share with my family, who I spent the weekend with. Once that was done it was already about 9:30 pm. Our plan was to make a bunch of juices for me and freeze them so I would still have access to the greens. We juiced like crazy to fill 10 pint jars! We were pretty wiped out once cleanup was over, but it was for a good cause.
I can report that after two mornings at camp Jay has been diligent about making juice and is getting up about 30 minutes earlier than he needs to just to get his fix! Good job, Jay!
No comments:
Post a Comment