We haven't been doing anything too crazy with our meals lately. In an effort to expedite our morning juice process we are trying out green smoothies again. Today's thick, brown "juice" had carrots, romaine, apple, spinach, pineapple, banana and strawberry. Pretty tasty, but not pretty looking.

We are also experimenting with gluten free options. We have tried, and liked very much, the gluten free pizza dough from Bob's Red Mill. It's pretty easy to make and tastes good, too! We also tried the same brand of gluten free pancake mix in our waffle maker. I'd recommend it!!

This year we decided to participate in a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program through a local farm in Corvallis. Each Tuesday we pick up a share of locally grown fruits and vegetables from a house in our neighborhood. Last week we got 2 pounds of fava beans, half a pound of salad greens, a few zucchini, parsley, two cucumbers, a really nice bunch of basil, and some delicious strawberries and raspberries. Looking forward to what this week's box will bring!
Today I saw a recipe for raw carrot-ginger cookies on the rawon10 blog I follow. I will definitely be making those!!
The waffles look so good and sound so tasty. I think I am developing a craving as I read. Veggies and Fruits are very nice and I am sure nothing goes to wast! Love Mom/Mom2
ReplyDelete