| Our lofty leaf collection |
I ran into (literally) this creepy spider web while raking. It's the perfect spooky web for Halloween and I couldn't bring myself to knock it down. That, and I was afraid of it...
At 5 pm that afternoon we had 20
yards of eco-bark (that's ecoNOMY/budget friendly....not ecoLOGICALLY friendly) delivered to our driveway. The delivery man tried to tell us we would need machinery to move our bark mulch pile...so we showed him our big guns!! (Oh no she didn't!!)
yards of eco-bark (that's ecoNOMY/budget friendly....not ecoLOGICALLY friendly) delivered to our driveway. The delivery man tried to tell us we would need machinery to move our bark mulch pile...so we showed him our big guns!! (Oh no she didn't!!)

So we suited up and got to work! Shovel into pile, dump into wheelbarrow or garden cart, drag said barrow/cart to staked off portion of yard, dump, return, repeat. And on we went for a good 90 minutes. The sunset made us quit for the night, but we were back at it Sunday morning. By 2 pm all of the areas had been covered and the bark spread. It was looking amazing!
We then organized the garbage/recycling/ trash bins behind the fence and out of sight.
Our next project was to plan out our back and front yard path, to be filled in on Monday. Once we felt comfortable with that, we moved on to cleaning up the porch area.
For the path we decided on wood chips and Monday morning Jay got to work laying down weed barrier along our staked pathway. We chose to add stepping stones leading to the front door and opted for another wallet-friendly choice, I believe Home Depot calls them "16" squares of boring heaviness" and they look great!! In the afternoon we had 4 yards of wood chips delivered and when I got home from work I helped finish hand spreading the chips around the house. What a difference mixed wood products make!
![]() |
| Front pathway, pre-wood chip |
![]() |
| Post wood chip! So inviting! Let's go to the right.... |
![]() |
| ...and we return to the front! |
| ..and around the back... |



This looks fabulous kids. I am so proud of your hard work, your smart and clean design and your use of ECOM friendly products. What a difference from a year ago. Love Mom
ReplyDelete