Wednesday, March 21, 2012

23 weeks!

This past week Wren has been working on her upper octaves - squeaks and shrieks! She practices in the car, in her Exersaucer, sitting on the floor and laying in her crib (even at 4 in the morning!).  She is really working to find her voice!  Green beans and oatmeal were introduced with mixed results.  But hey, can we blame her for not being super excited about a fine green puree? 
Sleep....oh, sleep.  We have been back to being up three times a night...growth spurt again?? I fear that I will go into Wren's room one morning and she will be 4 feet tall, have crawled out of her crib and be sitting in her recliner reading Curious George. 
Wren has been doing a superb job of sitting up - she's a pro!  We will soon be borrowing a high chair for meal times and I think that Wren will love being totally upright while eating.  So far she either sits in a reclining mini chair or I try to hold her, but Ms. Grabby McSquirmsalot is hard to keep contained.  She has been sitting in a high chair at daycare and does very well - and everyone's plates and food stay safe from Wren's little fingers! 
Bottle holding is going well - not quite able to get the necessary angle to ensure that milk is always accessible but on our way to that. 
I forgot to mention in the previous post that Wren was weighed at Week 22 and was just over 18 pounds! 
On Sunday afternoon while in her Exersaucer Wren had a fit of giggles and Jay and I just admired how adorable every little laugh is. 
We heard that Baby G from up the street has a tooth - oh boy, oh boy - maybe we are almost there, too!
During a recent bath Wren held on to the edge of her tub and tried to pull herself up....this again leads to my crawling-out-of-the-crib worries!  Such a strong lady!

Tasting every toy - as you put them back in the bin she pulls them right out!

Shep - our other, bigger baby


Just waking up from a snuggly nap with Mama

Mmmm....Green beans!

Exploring the World with her bodyguards

No comments:

Post a Comment