This past weekend Wren had her first trip to the beach when we headed south to Bandon for a friend's wedding. Wren did a great job on the almost 4 hour drive. The weather was pretty nice but windy on the beach, so we didn't linger down there but we otherwise had a really good family weekend away. Wren was very well behaved during the quiet ceremony except for when she blew a loud raspberry on my cheek! As always, it was good to get home on Sunday and back to normal.
Both top teeth are quickly growing in and resemble little hippo teeth - they look so big! Jay and I have always talked about how between my little teeth and Jay's not-so-little teeth our child would have the perfect set of nicely sized teeth. Now we're wondering if she has my little lower teeth and Jay's not-so-little uppers! Yikes!
Wren does not like tofu at this time, stays away from avocado, prefers everything else on her tray to zucchini, but loves grapes, pears, cheese (throw in a bottle of wine and I'll attend that picnic!) and bananas.
Words - Wren can definitely say "No". If you tell her no-no, she will reply with "No". And the "No" is not sweet and delicate like most of her other conversation. "No" is forceful and sure of itself. Sometimes "No" comes with great timing -Should we change your diaper? "No". Smart cookie, I say again! Yesterday as we put toys away and one fell to the ground I said "Uh Oh" and Wren replied with a sing-songy string of sounds that almost resembled my "Uh Oh". So cute! Wren calls many things "Dada" and "Da"(dog?).
| Checking out the backyard with her daycare buddy |
| Downtown Bandon |
| First time at the beach! |

haha (about the tampons), that was my guess! Bathroom cabinets already have Sal's attention, and I am thinking of relocating my stash (=
ReplyDeleteWren is adorable and growing into such a little toddler! Where has time gone?
Question: what kind of carrier are you using to wear her on your back? Is it an ERGO? I have a bjorn and hate, HATE it. Husband likes it, but it is uncomfortable for me and I'm wanting something I cam carry front or back.
Hey Brie! It seems like nothing is safe with these curious hands around! Time really is flying by - is Sal 7 months already? The carrier is an Ergo. We are borrowing it from Elizabeth. Wren seems pretty happy in both positions so the carrier is working out really well. I watched some Youtube videos on using it as a back carrier when you are by yourself. I half attempted it one day and things went pretty well so it's definitely doable if you and Sal are going solo. There's also a way to wear the Ergo as a hip carrier and I watched a few videos on that, thinking it would be the perfect marriage of carrying and function. It was pretty great for the first half of our walk but then it became uncomfortable with where the hip buckle falls on my hip bone, so I probably won't be doing it again, but it's nice to have the versatility. We have a Baby Bjorn as well and that was great for the first 5-6 months but Wren's height and weight just made it much less optimal. We liked the Moby wrap when Wren was really little, too.
DeleteThere's not a lot to this and it might not help you with your frame, but here is some info on comparisons of carriers for different body types: http://paddedtushstats.com/comparing-how-different-baby-carriers-work-on-different-body-types/
I hope China is treating you well and you all are acclimating well!