Out came the bike and she hopped on. To see Jay's face as we came down the hall - priceless. Jay had been looking forward to this moment for months!! Jay envisions Daddy-daughter bike rides all over Oregon and across the US, so this step toward adventure was monumental. We both took a turn guiding Wren around the house and she has continued to have short spells on her bike since then. Pride! Once we break out of this foggy weather it might be time for an outside ride!
Saturday, January 18, 2014
A Breakthrough!
As you may or may not recall Wren received a balance bike for her 2nd birthday back in October. Sadly, she refused to get on it, even after she watched one of her friends happily ride it around our house. So we tucked it away in our room for future use. Occasionally Wren asked about it but otherwise was still disinterested. Then this week, one morning while Jay made breakfast and Wren and I were getting ready for the day, she asked about it and I said "when you're ready to ride it, let me know and I'll get it out for you." To which she replied, "I'm ready". No way I was going to double check on that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I can hardly wait to read and hear about Jay and Wren's adventures as they head out on their bikes. I hope they invite Crystal along with wren's sibling. I fondly remember the adventures in Oregon and Virginia on big bike rides. I will never forget those days. Be careful out there...
ReplyDelete