What's new in the dehydrator this week, you ask? We made some tomato basil sauce and tried a recipe for pesto. Both of these turned out pretty good and when mixed together - even better! Pizza and pasta toppings they became. But then we had a hankering for some new snacks and decided to make some more crackers....voila! Pesto crackers! I think I like these the best so far. We spread the mixture fairly thin onto the Teflex sheets that go with our dehydrator and then pop them in the unit! It took a little more than 12 hours, but when I got home from work yesterday I had a tasty treat waiting!
Then last night we tried another new recipe - onion "bread". 3 pounds of sweet onion (we finally finished the bag of Walla Walla Sweets picked up last summer on the way back from our Snake River rafting trip), ground sesame and flax seeds, soy sauce/tamari, olive oil, and maybe one or two more things. Jay took a break from the tough job of mixing to pose for the camera with our new handled mixing bowl (thanks, sis!) and the onion dough. This mixture was spread a little thicker over two teflex sheets and it should take about 24 hours total. Jay flipped the half-"cooked" bread this morning and it is looking good and smelling great! Can't wait to try it tonight!
I can hardly wait to try one of your delectable dried treats. Save some for me.
ReplyDelete