Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Preparing for launch

In preparation for Jay's bike trip we made a few items for him to take along.  The photo to the left is 4 trays of fruit leather.  I had seen a recipe for raw carrot ginger cookies a few weeks back and have been planning on making them for a while.  This was just the occasion I was waiting for.  They turned out pretty good!  Dorothy gave us a box of her amazingly delicious ginger/molasses cookies earlier this week and here's a side by side of both.  Can you tell which is which? 


Don't you love how cute and tiny
this onion is?  It was delicious!

The night before Jay left I made us a healthy dinner to get him energized.  We had a very colorful plate!  All of the items in our meal were from our CSA - summer squash, red onion, garlic, green beans, sweet peppers, and potatoes.

Jay was up pretty late going over his supply lists and packing, but he's a very thorough guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment