A week after our reception we were looking forward to just relaxing. The weather had a major change of heart and was amazing, if even a little too warm for us. Saturday morning Jay and our pal Jordan went for a bike ride to Harrisburg. The two of them are planning a ride to the coast pretty soon, so this was a good warm up for them. After they took off, I packed Shep in the car and we headed out to the forest. We took a nice hike down through the Old Growth Forest and then made a loop of about 6 miles.
The guys made it back a little while after I did - they logged 62 miles!! That's enough to work up an appetite for some grub...and a little beer! Well, wouldn't you know it, Saturday was Septembeerfest in Corvallis! Back on the bikes!
The three of us met up at the Benton County Fairgrounds and waited in line for admission. There were quite a few beer vendors on hand and a few food ones as well. We started with a few samples and enjoyed some nachos and a big pretzel during our afternoon. Before we could leave we were sure to use up all our tokens (purchased bottle caps). We were even lucky enough to be given two tokens by a nice gentleman who was leaving early - that's a free 8 ounces of beer! (The guys took a few snapshots during our time at the fest, and when I get ahold of some of those I'll update the blog).
We hopped back on our bikes and rode through campus, with Jay and Jordan pumping their fists in the air and giving a hearty "SeptemBEERfest!" in their manliest tones to all we passed. I was sure to ride ahead a little ways..... We then stopped at a local pub downtown for a more substantial meal while we caught the last of the Beaver game...we have high hopes for the rest of the season!
Sunday was a super lazy day. The weather switched back to gray and wet and catching up on our favorite shows online proved to be much too tempting. What a great way to celebrate our first week of marriage!
Nice Post. Glad you are back at it. I always look forward to hearing about your adventures and activities. Love Mom
ReplyDeleteI always look forward to and read your posts. I believe Crystal has a knack as a writer and is fun to read. Jay has a knack at creating adventures to read about. What a team. Onward and upward. Love, Dad
ReplyDelete