Sunday morning we got up with a plan - take Mom snorkeling! Never before had my mom been in a snorkel situation and she was ready to go! Our first stop of the day was at the same place Jay and I had been the day before - City of Refuge! While we had taken the scenic route and historical tour, there happened to also be a great snorkeling spot just right down the road. We were all geared up, though the waves were coming in and were thrashing us about a bit. Not the best place for your first snorkeling experience, but Jay and I were able to log a bit in the water. All of the ladies in the group visited back on the beach for a while with Jay and John went back out for another 20 minutes or so before we packed up and headed down the road.
Our next stop was Pebble Beach, a black pebble beach just south on the coast and down a pretty steep road. This was a nice place to just sit and relax and enjoy the ocean - but the pebbles were hot after a while! Jay snapped some nice pictures before we wrapped up our time there. Since we had two cars and Karsyn needed a nap, Jay and I went off on our own and wound up back at the same snorkeling spot for our own jaunt together.
We made it back to the condo to meet up for a drive down to Kahalu'u Beach Park, the first place Jay and I snorkeled on our trip. This was to be a better experience for Mom to snorkel, but again we had the tide schedule wrong! She was a good sport, though, and gave it a try while Karsyn and I played in the sand. We stayed for the beautiful sunset, expecting to see the "Green Flash" as the sun disappeared behind the horizon, but no such luck. Back to the casa for some grub and relaxation!


Looks amazing!!!! I'm jealous! And by the way, Karsyn is SO cute in that itty bitty polka-dot suit!!!
ReplyDelete