Saturday, October 8, 2011

Getting close!

We are now 39 weeks and 5 days into our journey with Wellkin and arrival could happen any day now!  My body is telling me that it is starting to get ready and I'm just trying not to get too anxious about it since we could still be waiting another two weeks!  Thursday was my last day of work - a decision made fairly quickly after coming down with a cold and realizing that taking it easy would be a much nicer way to spend my days before baby comes.
We have finally managed to get pretty much everything done in the nursery and even have most of our hospital bag ready.  For two hardcore procrastinators this is pretty impressive!  We were able to get the shed siding painted during the last little bit of nice weather and even started on the trim but the rain has halted that process and we are not sure when that project will be completed.
Here are some pictures of the nursery.  It's a lot of pre-owned furniture, diy and stolen ideas from the internet.  Why not borrow someone else's great plans?!






2 comments:

  1. The baby Wren's room is so clever and innovative she will really love it. Her parents have a great eye for fun. Can't wait to see her in it.
    Larry & Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jay and Crystal, I haven't checked in on your blog for a little while. That's great you're so close to getting to meet your little babe! I laughed when I read about how you're trying not to feel anxious because it could be another two weeks until it happens. So true! I went to exactly 42 weeks with my daughter Ella and I had to keep telling and repeating to myself "this is perfectly normal, perfectly normal" because it can get a bit difficult in the end. Hang in there, you'll do great! You guys will be amazing parents! I'm sitting here in the tax office doing taxes for all the procrastinators that filed extensions cuz they're due on Monday and thinking that good thing Jay didn't file an extension for taxes again this year like he usually does because it would have interfered with having a baby :) Anyway, I hope everything goes well and your lovely wee one is here soon! I'd love to mail you a little something after you guys have your baby, hope you don't mind. Sending lots of good thoughts your way for and easy, smooth delivery!
    P.S. I LOVE the colorful tree prints you have hung in your nursery! May I ask where you found them? Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete