Thursday morning we drove to Newberg for Wren's first Thanksgiving and first night away from home. We pretty much brought along everything that Wren uses in a given week, just to be sure we wouldn't be without. It took us an extra hour to get out of the house after Jay nearly had an Office Space moment while breaking down the Co-sleeper for travel.
On Friday, rather than join the masses at the mall, Wren met her Great Grandmother for the first time in Portland.
That night Wren went to her first Corvallis Christmas parade. This was the first time Jay and I have been in about 5 years and it was great to go again. Even Shep came along! Wren slept almost the whole time but the tradition begins!
Saturday we watched the Civil War football game with three little boys around the age of 1 and their families. It was a great preview of what we have in store for us in ~12 months.
Regarding sleep: Friday night Wren slept in two stretches of 4.5 hours. A miracle, I thought! And then.....she slept 6 hours on Saturday night! But THEN....Sunday night brought 7 straight hours of Wren sleep. Yowsa! We will see what tonight brings - I'm trying not to get too excited about this!
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
| Cheeks! And check out that hair growth! |





Wow! What a great update and wonderful pictures. So good to hear Wren's sleeping habits are improving! You three are certainly a beautiful family and I can't wait to see you all again. Christmas is just so far away. Love & Hugs Gramma
ReplyDeleteWren--
ReplyDeleteSorry I am stuck in class all day, wish I was at home with you and Momma. See you soon!!