Wren is becoming more smiley every day and enjoys looking at brightly colored items and patterns. There are some clothes hanging in her closet over her changing table and she loves to look up at two outfits with hearts and plaid (on separate outfits, don't worry!). She is starting to hold on to things that we place in her hands and she happily flails her arms and legs about during her alert times. Wren seems to really like my hair - when I lean over and run my hair over her face she closes her eyes and smiles. Last week I tried to get her to grab my hair with no luck then couldn't get her to let go after carrying her to her room for a diaper change....live and learn!
Sleep... meh....Just as I've been told, there is no routine. 4 hours here, 2 hours there. But the good news is Wren goes through a winding down period in the evening and does well to fall back asleep after her middle-of-the-night wakings. She continues to enjoy bath time, lounging in the sling of her pink tub.
We have a few things out for Christmas and Wren has two ornaments on her little ornament tree (thanks, Aunt Liz!). We have plans to pick out/cut down a small tree to decorate this coming weekend.
Jay is almost done with fall term of his Master's program and looks forward to winter break. Two more (busy) terms to go before he will be a teacher! I will be heading back to work in the new year - it's amazing how you can forget you ever had a job in the first place! I'm not sure how it will go to get Wren to her babysitter and get to work while managing to look presentable and not still be in my pajamas, but I guess we'll just have to give it a try and see what happens.
| Modeling her handmade bunting from Jay's co-worker. Thanks, Abbe! |
| Little Wren Riding noHood and the Big Bad Shepwolf |

Crystal: I hope you save all the photos and text of your wonderful blog as it will make writing your story about carrying a baby, delivering a baby and nurturing a beautiful Baby Wren all that more interesting.
ReplyDeleteI believe you have a gift for exposition.
Love to you and your family...Larry (Opa)
I so look forward to your posts updating us on Wren and all her new developments. The movie is adorable. I have shared that photo with everyone that dares cross my path. I am such a proud Gramma!
ReplyDelete