Last Tuesday marked the end of maternity leave and the start of work and day care. Wren came with me to work first to say hi to everyone and we headed over to the babysitter's house around 11 AM. The sitter's children (home schooled) were excited to see Wren and the two daughters quickly took to playing with Wren on the floor as she happily participated. I decided to linger and eventually Wren missing her morning nap caught up to her, leading to a pretty significant meltdown - I can only guess that my nervousness about leaving her didn't help. There were many tears from both of us, with Wren finally falling asleep and me composing myself in the parking lot as I returned to work nearly 2 hours later. The rest of the week went much better. Wren seems very happy at daycare and we feel that she is in a good environment. The two little boys who are also watched at this house have offered Wren their toys (though one boy nicknamed her "Rat"...) and the older kids read to her. Taking the bottle has been mixed but our girl likes her meals so we know she won't choose to go hungry. The home is so close to my work that I went each day at lunch and plan to continue as long as I can get away.
Our challenge now is naptime - not that she won't sleep but that she wants to be held. A few naps were taken in the pack-n-play she is using there and I'm sure things will only get better. We are trying to help reinforce crib naps at home but I have to admit that my arms have not been baby free very often this weekend (which I am lucky enough to still be enjoying - thank you 4-day work week!). We are, however, having great success with the bottle - Wren took part of a bottle Saturday night and downed about 5 ounces yesterday afternoon - we are so proud!
Wren is grabbing at toys that hang near her and trying to put them in her mouth - soon nothing will be drool-free! She has been very vocal the last few days, practicing different sounds and pitches. Jay and I both try to get Wren to laugh every day - we know it's coming! - but we love that we get smiles from our little gal!
 |
| So pensive early in the morning |
 |
| Great tummy time comes with drool! |
 |
| Shep is warming up to Wren more and more! |
 |
| Yum! |
That "tummy time" picture of Wren is identical to one I took of Jay at that same time. I think a copy might be in his baby book. It is also the one that I have as a portrait in the bedroom. I will have to get a copy to compare the two side by side. Amazing little girl. So glad that baby care is going well. Love Gramma
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the babysitter is working out! That little Wren is so cute!
ReplyDelete