Monday, January 30, 2012

16 weeks!

It hadn't hit me that Wren is 16 weeks old today until I got my weekly update email from Babycenter.  Each week just flies by!  This past week Wren has been refining her grabbing skills.  Today she took her pacifier from my mouth and tried to put it in hers - she's still not quite able to match her pacifier with her mouth but we were very impressed with the grabbing action.
Wednesday marked the longest amount of time I have been away from Wren since she was born - 10 hours!  I had to leave town for work and wasn't able to see her for lunch but she did great!
The 6 month pajamas I was waiting to put Wren in because they were too big are now fitting pretty well...almost too well.  We weighed Wren yesterday and our not-very-accurate method produced a weight of 16.6 pounds.  Two more weeks until Wren's 4 month appointment.
Today we snagged a well-loved Exersaucer from Craigslist to give Wren an opportunity to stand and explore and the little bit of time she spent in it was very exciting.  Wren's "strong legs" time is increasing - she loves to stand!
Jay and I very often remark to each other that we are so lucky to have such a happy (and cute!) little girl and we are enjoying every moment of our parenting adventure.  It is all even more rewarding when we hear laughter!  We'd gotten a few little chuckles here and there but Wren laughed as we tickled her feet one night. The laughter turned into tears, so we're not sure how true the laughs were, but either way it was the cutest thing we have ever heard and we managed to capture it on film!  There will surely be more lengthy giggles in the future!

Wren comforting Shep at his vet appointment. 

Super special card from Aunt Mickey! 

Discovery in the Exersaucer!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, that was definately a laugh. After countless repeats, I have no doubt! How adorable is that! You capture so well the many "faces of Wren". Love Gramma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Did you notice the super cute outfit in the second to last picture - she looks so adorable in green and purple!

      Delete