One year ago today we learned that a baby was in our future. One year ago today we were getting ready to fly to Hawaii the next morning. On a whim I bought a pregnancy test on my lunch break and figured I'd throw it away once it, of course, read negative. Much sooner than the recommended 3 minutes of waiting was a reading of:
I called Jay to tell him while we were both at work and he was extremely surprised! Having no idea that I was even thinking about taking a test you can imagine how he might have felt! He spent the rest of the afternoon researching the probability of a false positive (slim to none). That night we drove to Portland and the next morning we hopped a plane to The Big Island. Since we are both cynics we figured that there still might be a chance that we weren't really pregnant, but we went along as though it was really true. I abstained from alcohol under the guise that I would be starting Weight Watchers when we returned from vacation and I wanted to get a head start on reducing calories. (I really had been looking into WW!)
When we returned from Hawaii we agreed to take another at-home pregnancy test to check again. We waited until February 15th. Almost immediately this one gave the plus sign!
![]() |
| Forgive the hat - I had just returned home from my 5:30 AM fitness class. I'm often up at 5:30 these days but there's very little that's fitness-y about it. |
So now we had 2 tests giving us the thumbs up. But we still were skeptical. So we made an appointment with my Nurse Practitioner for another opinion. When we told her we'd had 2 positive tests but wanted a definitive answer she looked at us like we were crazy and said "You're pregnant"
And the rest is history! Here's a snap from our very first ultrasound on March 2nd, 2011. We had been very curious about how far along we were since I had a bit a lot too much fun on Christmas and New Years. Have no fear, we were informed that the holiday festivities were B(efore)B(aby).




such a cute post--it's hard to believe when you see that positive..I am convinced I should have bought stock in first response pregnancy tests..I needed 3 to confirm (=
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful memory to cherish and share with Wren in the future. Brought wonderful tears of joys to my eyes. I remember the night we skyped and you and Jay shared the news. Both Barclay and I cried with happiness. What a wonderful journey it has been and continues to be! Mom/Gramma
ReplyDelete