This week was another "
wonder week" for Wren and we had some stormy sleeping. Nothing too terrible, but it's tough going back to waking up every 3 hours when you've gotten used to 4 hours of sleep in a row! Sunday night was an up-one-time night and it was amazing! I like to think we are back on track. Naps, though, that's a different story. Wren is a much better napper at daycare and only slept in bursts of up to 20 minutes all weekend. She must just love to be with us so much that she can't bare to miss a moment!
A new and completely adorable thing Wren is now doing is rubbing her hair when she nurses. She runs her hand along the side of her head, just above her ear. Reminds me a little of my
Magic Moves Barbie from years back, sans permanently angled arm and toggle switch on her back.
Wren has been doing a great job of expressing herself and chatting away. Her fine motor skills are improving every day and it is amazing to watch her grab at things. At breakfast on Sunday morning she practiced holding onto a cup and she is able to pick up a bottle and put it in her mouth. Time for a sippy cup, perhaps?
With the addition of Wren in our household I decided early on to keep music playing in the house. I turned to Pandora's preset playlists for this and started with Disney but later switched to Raffi's Radio. Some of the songs are highly addictive and they play in my head during meetings at work (!). My recent favorite, and one we pull up for bathtime, is "
Do De Rubber Duck. I love the part where the construction guy, a Jersey native I suppose, adds "all around the woyled, whenever folks get soiled..." You can make a rhyme of anything!
I hope that was enough links for you. Now here's picture mania!
 |
| Wren's future is so bright! |
 |
| Beard! |
 |
| Perfecting her balance to sit up! |
 |
| Raspberries with Grandma T! |
 |
| Smiles with Gramma W! |
No comments:
Post a Comment