Physically I am feeling fairly ready for baby to come - my body feels so dang heavy! But I am very glad that I am still sleeping quite well and I haven't experienced the same amount of swelling in my face and legs as last time - at least not yet. Mentally I am happy to have a little longer to go. We are still settling into our new house - I have yet to put anything on the walls in Sock's room - and I am not quite ready for the sleep deprivation we will be facing. This pregnancy has felt long, though now that we are so close to meeting Sock it seems to be going a little too fast!
Thursday, May 29, 2014
37 weeks!
Today marks 37 weeks in our pregnancy with Baby Sock! Three weeks until due date and only 11 more working days for Crystal! I plan to work my last day on the 13th to potentially have a few days at home to rest before baby. But we will see when baby decides to arrive! I don't believe I made an update post after our last ultrasound - we were happy to learn that the placenta had stretched away enough from the cervix that we have no worries about a natural birth. Phew! Growth has been right on track and we are happy to be having an unremarkable pregnancy. We did find out today that I am Group Strep B positive, which means that there is a chance that baby can become infected during birth. So to try to prevent that from happening I will receive IV antibiotics in the hospital every 4 hours during labor. We were told that ideally I would receive at least 2 doses of antibiotics before delivery so we will have to think about getting to the hospital sooner rather than later (It's ideal for us to be home as long as possible). If I do not have enough time in the hospital to receive two doses then there's a good chance baby and I will need to stay in the hospital for 2 days instead of 1 to watch for symptoms of infection in baby. Just a few things we will have to keep in mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment