Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Nora - 1 month!

The last week of Nora's first month was packed with adventure! Last Saturday we loaded up in Gramma Sondy's SUV and all went over to Lincoln City to spend the night and celebrate Jay's Uncle's birthday. This was Nora's first night away from home! I was hesitant to go at first but figured it wouldn't hurt to be adventurous. Nora was awesome on the drives to and from and she handled being passed around to her Great Aunts and her first cousins once removed (I spent a little time researching that one!) like a champ. She had her first trek down to the beach and enjoyed being snuggly in the Moby wrap with me. The weather was pretty spectacular for the Oregon coast!
That night Nora, Gramma Sondy and I stayed in a nearby hotel while Big Sister Wren and Jay camped out in a tent next to the beach house everyone else was at. Nora slept great in spite of me messing with her to try to clear her stuffy nose with a q-tip for 10 minutes... the things I obsess over with my kids...bah! 
We woke to a drizzly day and went to the beach so Wren could run around. Nora and I stopped at a bench to nurse and got rained on, so we retreated to the car to wait for the family. What a trip! 
We have continued to have high temperatures for our area this week so we only ventured out on walks in the morning a few times. I started pumping breast milk once a night to get a supply started for Nora to become comfortable using a bottle, which is Jay currently working with Nora on. She nurses a little in the middle of the night and promptly falls back to sleep while I completely wake myself up to pump and then have a hard time going back to sleep. Ah, motherhood. 
On Friday I took Nora to Albany to visit my co-workers. She was a very good girl for the visit. Then in the afternoon we went as a family to the local aquatic center, which happens to be a very short walk away from our new house. Nora and I enjoyed the shade while Jay and Wren played in the water and went down the big slide numerous times.
Over this past weekend Jay had to work both days so Nora and Wren and I had some quality girl time at the park and at home. Sunday marked Nora officially turning 1 month old!!  And of course, time is just flying by!  
Driving to Lincoln City
First beach trip!
First (kinda) piggyback ride

Celebrating Big Sister wearing undies!
First walk without the infant snuggle pads in the car seat
I'M ONE MONTH OLD!!!!
Fun sharing clothes with Big Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment