On Thursday we went downtown for Nora's first dinner out, followed by gelato and time at the riverfront fountain, watching Big Sister play in the water. Nora seemed to really enjoy the sights and sounds! Nora's little body is growing for sure! She seems long to me and pretty sturdy. Her little legs are getting a smidge chunky now, too! She has a great appetite - runs in the family! We will get the official growth stats in 2 weeks at her 2 month checkup.
Arrangements have been agreed upon for my return to work, so I now have two weeks left at home full time with Nora. My first day back at work will be Tuesday the 19th of August and I will work three days a week until the end of October, when I will start working 4 days a week until the new year, then back to full time at work. Until the new year, on my working days Nora will have Daddy Daycare! Jay will be able to take advantage of his FMLA and stay home with Nora until January - it will be great! With Wren, Jay's leave time was used for his student teaching stint during his Master's program, so this will be very special time for Jay and Nora. The daycare providers we are familiar with will not have an infant opening when we need one, so the search will soon begin for a daycare to start in January. We are very happy to be delaying daycare until Nora is 6 months old - good for the family and good for the pocketbook. We plan for Nora to go daycare in Albany so she can ride with me and I can see her at lunch - that was a great thing for Wren and I.
So for now I will get all my snuggles while I can with my little Nora.




What a cutie Nora is, a lot like her big sister. The blog allows some of us to see her rapid development. I can hardly wait to see her in person, on my lap. I have a little ways to go for that joyful meeting and know that I'm working hard at getting there. I'm anxious to see all of you,
ReplyDeleteLove, Opa