Last Friday Nora turned 8 weeks - my, the time has really gone fast! Nora is a pretty happy girl and smiles easily for us. She is just such a sweet girl! She likes having Wren talk to her and seems pretty entertained by her big sister's craziness. To celebrate turning 8 weeks old Nora slept for 5 hours, then after a quick nursing she slept for another 4 hours! Most nights her first sleep is about 5 hours, so I know I'm pretty lucky! The "another 4 hours" thing was new and unique to that day only so far. But I am not complaining! During the day Nora's sleeping varies each day. She loves to be held when she is sleeping and it's hard to put her down! A few times we have napped together and that has been wonderful! Nora has fallen asleep on her own while in her bouncy chair but it hasn't really worked to put her down flat and have her fall asleep yet, which I am not really surprised about. By this time Wren was using a pacifier to soothe herself, but Nora continues to show no interest in a pacifier. She tries to suck on her hands but gets frustrated since she still keeps them in tight fists. I think that once she figures out how to soothe herself she will be able to get to sleep a little easier. We borrowed a baby swing from friends last night to try to give Nora another option for napping. This morning I put her in the swing when she was awake but drowsy and she has slept for 2 hours already! I kinda want a big swing like that to sleep in too....!! Nora is still sleeping in our room at night- the transition to her crib will be happening soon as we work on having her try to nap in her crib first. I did lay her down in the crib once she was asleep this last week and she continued to sleep for about an hour. Progress!
Nora took a bottle from Gramma Sondy last weekend, but it was a slow process and took a few tries. Tomorrow is my first day back at work so Nora and Jay will be working out the bottle issues together. I have been feeling very anxious this past week about returning to work. I am already sad to know that I won't get to be with my Nora all day while I'm at work (with a 25 minute commute each way I'll miss out on a mid-day visit). But I know it will be good to go back and at least I get to ease into it by working 3 days a week for a while. The mornings and evenings will be hectic but we will get into a groove and figure things out. This time will also be great for Jay and Nora to bond and have some adventures!






No comments:
Post a Comment